Guides, Books, and Papers
These books offer a nuanced background to VT as a school organisational system, covering 2000 tp 2018. Michael Fullan kindly described Socially Collaborative Schools as "the best book by far on the subject".
INTRODUCTIONS TO VT
1. The following article is an overview of VT by Robin Cox, leading authority on
mentoring, who introduced VT to St. Paul's School in Brisbane, Australia.
2. This PowerPoint plus commentary offers a few introductory insights into VT (please
make sure your speakers are on)
SELECTED DRAFTS of ACADEMIC/RESEARCH PAPERS NOW PEER REVIEWED &
PUBLISHED IN THE INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF SCHOOL MANAGEMENT
1. Highlights the importance of parent partnership (liberating agency) in building a collaborative
2. Explains why reform fails in same-age systems and promotes VT as a prototype learning organisation
3. Explores the link between complexity, capacity, community, and culture